Skip to main content

Posts

Showing posts from September 21, 2020

Pak-Customs Seized 22 Smuggled Vehicles Valuing Rs 45 Million In Gwadar

   9 hours ago    Mon 21st September 2020 | 11:25 PM Pakistan Customs Gwadar in operation against non duty vehicle in Gwadar area has seized 22 smuggled vehicles ( Cars / SUV) valuing Rs 45 million ISLAMABAD, (UrduPoint / Pakistan Point News - 21st Sep, 2020 ) : Pakistan  Customs  Gwadar  in operation against non duty  vehicle  in  Gwadar  area has seized 22 smuggled  vehicles  (  cars  / SUV) valuing Rs 45  million . The Draft Rules provide for duty free  import  of good imported via postal and courier service provided invoice value of goods is not more than Rs. 5000, the spokesman of  Federal   board  of Revenue ( FBR ) said this on his official tweeters account here on Monday. The  FBR  has issued Draft De Minimus Rules for Imported Goods vide SRO 886 dated 17.9. 2020  to seek objections and suggestions  from  general public, if any; before their final issue

Balochistan govt believes in free press, says CM

SALEEM SHAHID QUETTA: Balochistan Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan Alyani on Monday said that the coalition government in the province believed in a free and responsible press and that it had never tried to gag the media or forced it to project the government. Speaking at the opening ceremony of the Quetta Press Club’s (QPC) week-long Golden Jubilee celebration here, he said he and his government had taken the media’s criticism in a positive way and used it for improving performance of the government and removing mistakes identified by the media. Despite having some complaints with the media, CM Alyani said, his government had never thought of targeting any media group and person over the past two years. He made a commitment that his government would not make any such attempt in future. The chief minister said the Balochistan government believed that the media should inform the public about the performance of the rulers and criticise its wrong decisions. It was the right of the people to

Balochistan schools report 64 new coronavirus cases

SAMAA |  Asim Khan Posted: Sep 21, 2020 | Last Updated: 17 hours ago Photo: File Schools and other educational institutions in Balochistan reported 64 more coronavirus cases on Monday. According to the province’s health department, following this, the number of total cases in the province climbed 237 in a day. So far, 2,261 tests have been conducted at educational institutions across Balochistan of which 1,544 were positive and 239 were negative. The health department said that the rate of positive cases at schools is 10.5%. After the number of infections increased, major universities in Quetta and neighbouring areas, and over 10 schools were closed down. “In the upcoming month, the number of COVID-19 cases are likely to increase and we might even impose a lockdown,” Balochistan spokesperson Liaquat Shahwani said. The total number of cases in the province has crossed 14,000. https://www.samaa.tv/news/pakistan/2020/09/balochistan-schools-report-64-new-coronavirus-cases/

Another polio case confirmed in Balochistan

7 hours ago APP       QUETTA - A seven month-old child on Monday was diagnosed with polio virus in Khanzai area of the provincial capital of Balochistan. With the addition of fresh positive polio case reported from Quetta, the number of cases during the current year rose to 20 in Balochistan, health officials confirmed. “The child was vaccinated twice during the polio campaign, health official said, adding that the polio drive in Balochistan was suspended for five months due to which there has been a sudden increase in polio cases.  The number of polio cases in the province has risen to 20 this year. Last year, 12 cases of polio were reported in Quetta. As per health official, a four- day anti polio drive has been initiated in Balochistan during which 2.5 million children will be vaccinated against the polio virus

Massive forest fire breaks out in Balochistan’s forests

A massive forest fire broke out in Dasht area of Kech district of Balochistan. According to reports, a fire broke out in Hapsagz Hasadi and Dabebi forests of Dasht tehsil, in Kech district, on Saturday night. Thousands of different types of trees are reportedly charred by the blaze. Flames of the fire appeared in the distance. As per the locals, the fire spread out up to at least 50Km range and damaged all the trees within. The cause of the forest fire is yet to be ascertained but no action has been taken by the district administration yet. However, some social media users called it fake news and claimed that pictures are of fire in Brazil. n the other hand, Indian media sustaining its tradition of false reporting claimed that this wild fire isn’t caused by the climate change. This is part of Pakistan army’s collective punishment policy of Baloch people. This is just another malicious attempt to damage that Pakistan’s image by propagating hate and fueling insurgencies in order to harm

Share sought in CPEC for Malakand, tribal districts

A CORRESPONDENT BAJAUR: Speakers at a multiparty conference the other day demanded of the federal government to include Chitral, Dir, Bajaur and Mohmand districts in the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor project. Elders, right activists, lawmakers, former parliamentarians and leaders of mainly opposition parties from the districts attended the moot hosted by the Jamaat-i-Islami’s local chapter at the residence of MPA Sirajuddin Khan. JI MPA from Upper Dir Inayatullah Khan chaired the meeting. Former governor Shaukatullah Khan, JI MNA from Chitral Maulana Abdul Akbar Chitrali, JI former lawmaker from Upper Dir Sahibzada Tariqullah, ANP leader Hussain Shah Yousafzai, former MNA Sahibzada Haroon Rasheed, PPP provincial vice-president Syed Akhunzada Chattan, All Pakistan Muslim League provincial president Mian Sultan Yousaf Bacha, JUI-F Upper Dir chief Maulana Sirajuddin, JUI-F Mohmand district head Maulana Arif Haqani, its Bajaur chapter chief Maualna Abdur Rasheed, PPP local chapter presi

China’s long-awaited, partially forgotten Unreliable Entity List has returned

TRIVIUM CHINA History lesson:  Companies placed o the  United States Department of Commerce's Entity List are subject to restrictions on buying US goods. After Huawei was placed on the list in May 2019, the Ministry of Commerce (MofCom) vowed to draw up its own Unreliable Entities List (see  May 31, 2019 Tip Sheet ). But the list never materialized. Instead it just hung over the heads of US business like a bureaucratic sword of Damocles. On Saturday, MofCom issued a set of provisions outlining key features of the Unreliable Entities List. Foreign companies can end up on the list for: Endangering China's national sovereignty, security, and development interests Violating market principles or taking discriminatory measures against Chinese entities or individuals Companies on the list will face the following consequences: Being restricted or banned from trade with and/or investment in China Entry bans for key personnel Cancellation of work or residence permits for key personnel Fi