QUETTA: More than 1.5 million families will get severely affected if the lockdown continues for two months in Balochistan.
Speaking at a press conference here on Saturday, Balochistan government spokesman Liaquat Ali Shahwani said that the number of affected families could reach 1.7m if the lockdown was extended for four months.
He said financial assistance would be provided to 6.5m people in Balochistan in three phases under the Prime Minister’s Ehsaas Programme.
He said Chief Minister Jam Kamal Khan Alyani has requested the federal government to increase the quota of beneficiaries of Balochistan from the Ehsaas Programme and the Benazir Income Support Programme.
He said that Prime Minister Imran Khan during his visit to the Bolan Medical Complex quarantine center appreciated the efforts of the provincial government against the Covid-19 pandemic in the province.
He said an isolation ward of 460 beds with all necessary equipment, surgical items and medicines had been established in Balochistan.
Published in Dawn, April 12th, 2020